In 1981, George Carlin performed a bit called "A Place for Your Stuff". In this bit he states, "That's all you need in life, a little place for your stuff. That's all your house is- a place to keep your stuff." He goes on to say, "That's what your house is, a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get...more stuff! Sometimes you gotta move, gotta get a bigger house. Why? No room for your stuff anymore."
How do you know when you have accumulated enough stuff that requires you to move into a bigger house?
1. When your dining room table is also your coffee table.
2. When you have more kids than you have bedrooms.
3. When you stub your toe on your couch more than three times in one day.
4. When there is no room to entertain company.
5. When you have to lean against the closet door to shut it.
If you are experiencing any of the above circumstances, it is time to find a bigger place to keep your stuff. Don't wait until you have had enough and your frustration level is high. Start the process sooner rather than later. Call your real estate professional today and start scanning the market.